We are so grateful for all of you who want to pray for and visit Maxine. She will forever be grateful for your love, support and prayers. Please continue to pray for her. At this time, the hospital is not accepting visitors, but we will let you know as soon as she is ready to see all of your friendly faces. Thank you again and please continue to pray.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday, September 29th

Some big praises today! Thank you for your prayers yesterday for Grandma's mood - they worked! We saw considerable improvement in her mood today. Here's a conversation I had with her, that was very encouraging to me:

Grandma: I was thinking about the blog last night and I realized that I've been really selfish.

Jennifer:
How have you been selfish??

Grandma: I realized that I've been asking everyone to pray for me, but I haven't thought to ask them to pray for the wonderful people who have been taking care of me [at the hospital]. Please put that in the blog - for people to pray for the staff here. They have just taken such good care of me.

Now that's the Maxine we all know and love!!

Grandma also had much more color in her face today and got changed into some "street clothes" (a.k.a. - out of the hospital gown) which I think improved her mood considerably.

The BIG PRAISE is that Grandma got moved into the rehab facility today!! Please pray for courage, confidence, patience, and strength for her as she starts a very rigorous therapy schedule tomorrow. (She'll be doing therapy three times a day and needs to rest in-between, so she is still not able to accept visitors.) Please pray that she sees improvement (however small) as a positive accomplishment. She wants so badly to regain her independence, but isn't confident that it's achievable. As cheesy as it sounds, she needs to believe in order to achieve.

- Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment